Wednesday 10 February 2016

Kate Winslet won't boycott Oscars 2016 because of Leonardo DiCaprio. This is why

Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet in a still from Titanic

Kate Winslet has said that she won't boycott Oscars 2016 over lack of diversity as she thinks it has been an incredible year for women, and in addition to that, she doesn't want to miss seeing her best friend Leonardo DiCaprio win an Oscar.

Kate Winslet recently admitted that she won't boycott Oscars 2016 because she does not want to miss the chance to see Leonardo DiCaprio winning the golden statuette.
earlier, in an interview, Winslet had said that 2016 is probably going to be Leo's year as his chances of winning an Oscar are pretty high.
Kate and Leonardo have been nominated for Oscars this year in different categories for their respective films - Steve Jobs and The Revenant.
Leonardo is a potential winner for this year's Oscars as he has received a number of accolades already, such as the Golden Globe, Critics' Choice and Screen Actors Guild for his role in The Revenant.
Winslet's comments come when the Academy is facing a backlash over lack of diversity in this year's Oscars nomination list. People of colour have been sidelined from any major category such as best actor or actress or for supporting roles. Which is why celebrities such as Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith and director Spike Lee have pledged to boycott the Oscar ceremony until and unless everyone gets a fair chance.
Kate Winslet, during an interview at the London premiere of her film Triple 9, said, "To be honest with you, it has been such an extraordinary year for women. I'd feel like I was letting my side down if I didn't go."
"And also, I feel very strongly that it may possibly be Leo's year, and he is my closest friend in the world and I just couldn't imagine not being there to support him. And I think those are reasons enough really to show my face," she added.
Kate Winslet has time and again publicly proclaimed that Leonardo DiCaprio is her closest friend in Hollywood.
Who doesn't remember her Golden Globe speech from 2009, after she won the Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama for her performance in Revolutionary Road (2008)... Kate Winslet had proclaimed in front of the cameras, "Leo, I'm so happy I can stand here and tell you how much I love you and how much I've loved you for 13 years. I love you with all my heart, I really do."
Leonardo DiCaprio has been snubbed five times at the Oscars. The 41-year-old actor is hoping to win an Oscar this year for his role of Hugh Glass in The Revenant.
The Oscars ceremony this year will take place in Los Angeles on February 28.
for video 
https://youtu.be/aS4OjocfPE4

No comments:

Post a Comment