Tuesday 22 December 2015

Yuvraj Singh Disappointed at Not Making Cut for ODIs in Australia

Yuvraj Singh Disappointed at Not Making Cut for ODIs in Australia

Yuvraj Singh, who has been in excellent form, has been recalled to India's T20I squad to face Australia next month.

Yuvraj Singh MS Dhoni India
Yuvraj Singh last played for India in 2014 ICC World T20 final against Sri Lanka.

In-form Yuvraj Singh has expressed his disappointment at not being picked in India's ODI squad for Australia tour next month. On Saturday, Yuvraj was selected for India's Twenty20 squad for the tour Down Under. Starting January 12 in Perth, India play the first of the five ODIs before switching to a series of three Twenty20s.
"To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed that I am back only in the T20I squad, not for the ODIs. However, there's happiness that I'm back after quite a while. The disappointment is personal and I hope I'm not misunderstood and that nothing at all is taken out of context," Yuvraj told The Telegraph.
Yuvraj has been in good touch with the bat in the ongoing Vijay Hazare Trophy, aggregating 341 runs in five matches at 85.25, and is the highest run-getter for Punjab in the tournament. Vijay Hazare is one-day format, but changing over to T20 style will not be easy in Australian conditions without much practice.
Yuvraj, who was expecting a call-up for both the formats, of course, needs time to settle down and get acclimatised to the conditions before donning India colours.
"Yes, conditions in Australia are challenging and the T20 format is even more demanding. It's such a compressed affair that there's little time to adjust. The 20-over game isn't easy," he said. (Time Spent Outside Dressing Room 'Terrible', Says Yuvraj)
'Dressing room needs to believe in me'
The World Cup-winning hero has been out of international cricket for close to two years now, but the left-handed all-rounder is hopeful of getting the support of his teammates on and off the field.
"I have the confidence to try and do my best in the opportunities I get. The dressing room needs to have belief in me. I'm sure I'll get the support I need," he said.
Yuvraj last played for India in the final of the 2014 World Twenty20 in Bangladesh. India lost to Sri Lanka. He struggled in that game, scoring 11 off 21 balls.
However, his scores of 93, 36, 36, 78 not out and 98 in last five innings at Vijay Hazare suggest that the 34-year-old is leaving no stone unturned at reviving his career.
Yuvraj's form in Australia will be watched closely. India need to pick the core of their squad before the ICC World Twenty20 in March. After the Australia tour, India return home to host Sri Lanka in a three-match T20 series before the Asia Cup in Bangladesh -- also a T20 affair this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment